Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dishwashers!

Ah you know I covet- coveted a Miele dishwasher. Well, after shopping (it really is becoming a pain to soak and rewash most of dishes.....



Bosch- scored high-- but had a bad wine rack-- then again do we not mostly hand wash our wine glasses? However we know it is quiet.... then the surprise!



Kitchenaid- stainless steel, stainless inside- better wine rack- the guy said it is on the same 'noise scale' as the Bosch and the Miele-- and higher priced then the Bosch! Who knew?

Ah- I can't find good images on the net- so will have to go back and take some pics- for the record though Bosch has the consumers best rating-- and Kitchenaid -well comprimes itself on it's webpage about the sound- hmmm! My brother has a Kitchenaid- and does not seem so impressed-- so maybe it shall be the Bosch after all!

I will simply keep washing my wine glasses by hand.



So, I still don't know- and I want to finish off the master bed-room with new drapes- and am thinking of doing the 'designer thing' meaning sometimes it is the look rather than the practicality and price of things that win us over-- I want a certain fabric for the shower curtain in the main bath--- at $180 a yard. Then it needs to be lined and custom sewed!



I will take pictures of some of the fabric I am looking at for the drapes - most likely a simple white silk- so not too exciting! Also- get to the wholesalers for another look at the 'silly' but fabulous fabric for the shower curtain!



Again, it is all about save and splurge-- and I did splurge on my 'marble over-sized tile floors installed on a diangle" and saved on the counters, sinks and taps (What a deal on the taps) Yes, I will send pics- but remember the standard issue shower curtain will take away from the look- and you will understand then why the 'splurge' on the shower curtain will make all the difference.

No comments: