Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bles-wold--- sounds like Bless World to me -- what a great name

Yup, Andy's IGA is now going to carrying the large French Vanilla yogurt again! Yummy!
Imagine buying locally made dairy products from cows that see the sky! Products that have really silly items on the label as ingredients-- example on a milk container the ingredients are listed as "milk"--- just milk-- yup that is all that is in the milk-- milk!

Recently there was an article on the Globe and Mail about unpasteurized milk-- now I am not so sure about that- however  I got to thinking and when I was a kid- and my grandfather milked the cow-he called the cow 'Lucy'-- we drank the milk just after he seperated the cream from the top-- the better to sit on the step and hand curn the ice cream maker to make fresh ice cream. The ice cream had strange ingredients in it - like well "Lucy Cream".

That got me to thinking - yes in fact the milk we drank was unpasteurized! It was fresh from Lucy! Poured into a glass container and put in the fridge!


No comments: