Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shopping in Edmonton

I met my lovely friend for a 'ladies lunch' the other day at Normands- thanks Normand for yet another fantastic hug and a great lunch!
My friend is one of those ever stylish ladies, a cross between Jackie O and Chanel-- a true delight to know! I love meeting with her for these rare lunches as she has style, class, and I get to live vicariouslly through her incredible clothes and handbags!
I suddenly realized what it is about stylish women that men love so much----I always thought it was purely the sex appeal- but you feel special when someone takes the times to dress themselves up just to meet you for lunch!
At any rate, we were discussing the terrible state of clothing these days-- I had wanted to buy a few pairs of good lined winter pants this year-- and could not find any!

Imagine no lined pants at stores such as Holts and Blus!
My friend was lamenting the same sad state of affairs in quality of clothes! She was wearing a couture made Chanel inspired black suit for around $1200.00. Now while that is not inexpensive- it is value priced. If you were to buy a Chanel labelled suit from Calgary Holts -we do not have a Chanel shop in Edmonton Holts- a suit there would be around $3,000.00 before any fittings.

So, a custom made suit, where you choose your fabric, trim and is made with the highest level of skill is in fact a good price! Shoot the last suit I bought an Armani- was $2,000.00 and that was for pants and a jacket!

Local shop, local lady and you can get lined pants made for you! Since we can't find quality in the 'expensive stores' anymore!

http://www.todoruk.com/

No comments: