Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cheap chic office- and terrific drapery

I think terrific drapery is always the way to splurge. You can save on furniture, as long as it is comfortable - you do not need a $5,000 sofa---- but it can be nice!
However if you cheap out on drapery, window coverings it really shows- you can not hide cheap drapes!
This is my home office and the hub of everything I do-- I needed it to be a relaxing fun place to spend many hours, doing quotes, designing, with great light for colours, relaxing, peaceful and beautiful. It is- I have had the same office for over 10 years now and never tire of the colours, the elegance, the textures, the photos of my friends and family-- and my luscious white silk drapes. I am also lucky to have a wonderful view of my front garden which I enjoy during the day, and enjoy the simplicity of the drawn drapes at night.
I certainly saved on the furniture, except for my chair, collected the knick-nacks and picture frames over a few years and splurged on a great piece of original art by Jennifer Garant!
I love being here- it infuses me with creativity- like I say " Beauty is so under-rated in life. Beauty lifts our soul'
Enjoy finding your beautiful place and making it your very own.

No comments: