Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dacapo



Interesting little spot. Thought I would drop in with a friend to check out the Gelato and try a few little appetizers.
Well, they really do not have nibbles, good wine-but pricey-- chairs are not there for a long sit-hard on the behind.
Cleary the intention here is to get in -eat and get out.
I had a pizza with a dribble of truffle oil, very thin slivers of artichokes and I think there was supposed to be some basil on it, I could not see any. Also the thin crust pizza could of used a tad more heat (as in I think it was too rare).
However- I was there for the gelato and that did not disappoint. Terrific... one of the best I must admit.
Service was okay- but I felt we were boring the staff by being there-- and also BRING CASH. Surprise, this must be the only restaurant in Edmonton (or the northern hempisphere) that does not take credit cards or debit. They do have a private cash machine on the premises if you like paying $10.00 per withdrawal.
Would I go again- yes to pick up the gelato and take it home.
The gelato was worth it!
109 Street and 85 Avenue- on the west side of the street just before you go down the hill- across from High Level Dinner (gosh have not been there in years! It used to be a great place for Sunday brunch- back before kids made Sunday brunches a thing of the past!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was good, the address is 8738-109st.