Friday, May 29, 2009

Holt Renfrew












HI! Amongst all this cost savings and chicenomics- I was lovingly enticed into a coffee at the small oft forgot about Cafe at Edmontons' Holt Renfrew. If you have not visited this little spot on the second floor - you must! The food is divine... I do not like mushrooms but when they make their famous meatloaf - yummy- (I just take bites from my poor dining partner). The Salmon salad is a treat, the muffins we had with our morning tea were, orange, chocolate and cream cheese- thank goodness I walked there!

BUT- while waiting for my coffee companion I walked around. I have not been in Holt Renfrew for years on account of being in pre-recession budget before the rest of you! I always like to be ahead of the trends! At any rate, while snooping in the evening and cocktail dress area- I came across a fabulous Marc Jacobs tuxedo suit, I have not seen one for sale in years-- Tuxedo suits in general-- not that the suit in 'on sale'... it simply is 'for' sale! Ladies, if you have to budget- this is one piece of clothing you should own- a classic tuxedo suit nevers goes out of style- you can wear it a multitude of ways, it will force you to stay in shape and trust me it is an investment-in 10 years from now you will still look stylish in it!

'La Smoking' (read tuxedo suit) was first introduced by the fashion genuis YSL- and has been a high style fashion garment since-- heck- maybe I will even go buy one on lay-away. Lay-away is also back in style!

Ahhh- I indulged in my passion for the finer things- the new Louis Vuitton gallery held my much coveted white purse- I have been coveting one like this for 5 seasons- so I really must love it-- a dog collar for my dog - Louis Vuitton, and oh- they did not have the medium sized make-up case that truly is a work of art- this is heirloom stuff!

Off to the shoes-- shoes always make you feel great, you do not have to look at your messy hair when you try them on- it does not matter if you are bloated or gained 5 pounds- Shoes always help!
Okay, I admit- I am tired of this doom and gloom-- I want/need some glam!
Well, enjoy and at least you can afford to pop in to Holts for tea and enjoy the eyecandy and dream!


No comments: