Friday, December 4, 2009

kids are too funny- even when they are adults!

If you scroll back- you will find a pumpkin soup recipe. Well I made mine with less curry, ginger and red pepper than I like.... because my son does not like spicy food!

Then I had left-over soup - so being frugal--- I spiced the left-over soup up for my lunches!
I added a package of Minute Rice Pronto Long Grain and Wild Rice-- 4 pieces of vegetarian 'bacon' ( I used this because of the heavy smoky flavour this has- not because of any other reason- but you could use bacon if you prefer- but I like this product as it does have a very heavy smoky flavour- more than regular bacon has)-- then I added copious amounts of ginger, curry and red pepper flakes--- for my taste.

One morning my son accidentally grabbed a Tupperware container that had my soup instead of his spaghetti for his lunch.... later that day....

"Mom. What was that soup? It was amazing!" Yes those were his words!

So, I guess his taste buds have grown up abit and now he cannot wait for me to use some of the frozen pumpkin to make his new favorite soup!

This certainly is a money saver soup! Obviously a hit as well!

No comments: