Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sarah's Key

I normally do not blog about the books I am reading-generally because there is not much to say--- Zen, Buddhism, cookbooks too many to mention (one of my regular bedtime reads) I am pleased to be able to make an exception.
Sarah's Key- by Tatiana De Rosnay gripped me almost instantly.

Parts of the book in the beginning were too painful for me to read- so I scanned and skipped and read other passages.

Relaxing in a hot bubble bath my skin prickled with goosebumps and chills ran through my body at the horrors the French inflicted on their Jewish citizens.... the cruelty towards the children- all in broad daylight while no-one stopped them.

Once I got to the part where I could read all the text- I was mesmerized, horrified, I cried, I read the entire book in one sitting, from sofa- to bath, back to sofa---incredible read!

I highly recommend this book- you will feel emotion, you will cry with horror, anger, pain and also with incredible faith- faith in the love of people!

Excellent read for the Holiday season- to remind you what the season really means.
Love towards our brothers and sisters on this world regardless if our faiths differ!

Happy Holidays to all- and eat the best chocolate!

No comments: