Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ludite-

The term 'ludite-- luddite' is new to me. It is what the sweet 'boy' referred to me as while I explained to him with huge deer in the headlight eyes- "This is the 10th electronics store I have been in during the last week. I still have no idea" ( actually I was trying to find a camera to play with that was available on air-miles but I needed to be certain it was 'idiot' proof first)
Nice boy- actually smiled and asked what I needed it to do- and I told him, take pictures....... small videos, had to have HD, excellent ability to do good close ups, easy to operate, lots of memory and long battery life---- and oh the cheapest one he had!
I will add his name when my menopausal mind finds the receipt- I hope his name is on it!
He advised me he had what I was looking for - and then- he explained it to me- showed me the two others that had been recommended to me- and I bought it- in black the red was sold out!
Then I took it to my brothers' the techie and he was very proud of me! I did a good thing---
I am still practicing but original pics are on the way- shops, restaurants, design stuff and of course food!
Check out (insert his name here when I get it!) Future Shop on the south-side..... then oh the ludite- "boy" as we are calling him for now---told me I was a ludite- I was so proud there was a name for what I call' technology challenged'-- then I looked up ludite/luddite.
Well, the original 'ludites' were actually a rather violent breed hell bent on ruining the industrial revolution- artist and weavers --.... well we all know the temperament of artists. I am not a violent anti-technology raving idiot that wants to burn down the Sony plants-- I am simply a 'non-talented with technology scared old woman" can we find a new name for us?

1 comment:

rockindel1 said...

not violent?
no.. not until...
someone
a)messes with your chocolate
b)keeps you from shopping
c)shall I go on?
(big smiles)