Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ryans Room before













Okay, maybe I should have had the pictures taken before I started to empty the room. You would of had a 'fuller' look into the clutter of a young man that spent his childhood and teenage years in the same room! Strangely enough- the colour of this room is the same colour it was when we moved into the house. My son liked the colour of his 'new room (when he was 8) so much I simply repainted it the same colour-- years ago!


Finally 12 years later he was at the stage where the little built-in desk did not suit his late teen years and home work.... more space was needed. Also, his room well frankly was a lot of re-used and repurposed furniture.
A few things needed to be kept- his very expensive bed- which was a gift from my best friend after she passed away, his hand-made denim duvet cover-- and well that was about it- oh his wood blinds!
I wanted him to have more storage space in his closet, nicer desk and a more grown-up space to call his own. Peaceful and functional for him to study his heart out and relax in!

No comments: