Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Painted Ladies- Judy











Years ago I found these glasses at the St Albert farmers market. All the saying were about women and the figures all women (with the exception of the bride and groom set). I asked Judy if she would custom make me a set of 12- 6 women and 6 matching men.
I was running out of matching sets of wine glasses for my dinner tables (I have about 6-now incomplete sets-mostly due to my small yet energetic family talking with their hands while eating-- so many glasses karate chopped on the long stems!
Also, the pomp and ceremony of formal tables can get a tad tiring- I wanted to add some fun and lightness- hence his and hers colourful glasses. You also do not forget which glass is yours when pair is of a different colour with fun sayings on each glass.
My glasses have been a hit- missing a few of the men inspired ones. I have had Judy make me a few 'sister -sets' for friends and they have all been welcomed warmly as well.
check her out here!

1 comment:

terbear said...

They are great FUN glass, and they do serve a purpose as you said.