Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Red Piano

The Red Piano- actually has two white pianos!




Raw Oysters in the half shell




The Red Piano


Okay, I am a touch ashamed to say I went there for lunch- but please just hear me out!


I was taking my mother out for lunch a few Fridays ago and Earls on the West End of Edmonton is closed for a renovation, Chop another place on the west end was completely crammed- so much for the recession, The Keg was not open for lunch, Mikado (new on the west end was way to noisy) and the Cactus Club at West Edmonton Mall was also crammed- so on we walked to Bourbon Street expecting to go to Earls there.



I had been at the Red Piano once before for a few cocktails on a Friday night and while I enjoyed the decor, the crowd and the 'talent' was not to my liking- but the decor is to die for-- so I figured let's give it a try!




My mom ordered the steak sandwich and after testing out their raw oysters- one is never sure what one will get here in Edmonton- I ordered 8 more. The oysters were perfect, not the large mushy ones, but tiny, a touch sweet and not too meaty. My mothers steak sandwich was a surprise- it looked like a fast fry piece of liver----! Ughhh- but it was tender, seared on the outside yet still medium rare in the middle, tender and very tasty! We will be heading back there again for lunch!

No comments: