Monday, September 7, 2009

Brilliant Friends




I know some of the most brilliant people!
The gentleman that made this chair- and yes he is a true gentleman as well- is a brilliant artist!
I am presently begging him to allow me to post some images of an incredible dining table he has made- but it is "just not finished yet". Artists!
For my little story on chic cheap offices, he had to show me his version of the old door turned into a desk. OMG- it is almost impossible to take an image of it because it has such a high gloss sheen to it! An old door, a very old door, the panes filled with resins, polished with little treats and surprises hidden within the various panes! I must get you an image!
Then, he is also working on a major art production that will bring a type of modern earth friendly, inter-active sculpture to the masses!
We must wait for that- trust me though I want to put my commission in already!
In the meantime- while I beg and cajole with him- the image above is a piece he made with layers of wood veneers, polish and an old metal chair!
Talk about re-purposing, re-using! This chair is so comfy, so very neat! In, addition, it was saved from a landfill! Now this is an artist that deserves some of that art grant money! His art, most of it, uses scraps of woods, vaneers, old wood furniture turned into art and saved from the land fills !

No comments: