Monday, September 7, 2009

Fall is in the air!

Bye Bye great days of BB'Q's! Bye Bye great chicken wings!
I love fall, it is the winter that follows fall that I am not so crazy about. Also, this year, here in Edmonton, we had an unusually long- long cold winter, no spring and a crummy summer! So, fall is just not welcome yet!

However, it is a fantastic time for the fashion crowd... new fabrics are arriving at my door everyday! Phone calls and emails from friends and business associates showing me their new lines, artwork, furniture, fabrics and hardware!

It can be very exciting, and also the FUNdraisers are starting again, the season is getting into full swing, Citadel with a spectacular line up this year!

Symphony is getting underway. Just spent most of the weekend evenings on the grass at Hawrelak park enjoying the annual Symphony under the Stars. It is one of my favorite of the summer festivals. I know I say that for almost all of them, but this is the last of the year and I have been going for so long my friend and I are just not sure but we agree it is somewhere around 10-15 years! The crowds are growing every year, and every year the weather becomes more uncertain!

No comments: