Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Handymen/women

In these trying days everyone needs a handyman/woman at their fingertips. Okay well some of us do. I think I understand basic electrical, yes I can change out a duplex receptacle... Plumbing? I know where the shut off valve is in my house- and being a smart girl (after being told by multitudes of plumbers) I have shut off valves installed into every plumbing fixture as they are replaced. In my home anyway, sometimes clients balk at the extra dollars to have valves installed behind their toilets- in their kitchen and bathroom sinks, but at least I try to advise them! Best to have this small chore done, then if you have a leak or need a repair the entire house is not affected down the road.
I know how to install a shutoff valve- but do I do it? No... I leave that to the plumbers or the handymen.
Installing baseboards- is an art- or should be. Hanging doors (another story of that!) hanging closet doors, we all need a handyman on speed dial if you are like most of us.
I can do many different skills- but I am not good at it- and I would prefer perfect baseboards, plumbing that does not leak, and well wiring a house- that is for an electrician.
I have two excellent handymen/women-- and a few other craftsmen in my 'Rolodex' should you need one.
Email me-- trust me- they have already been through the mill doing work for me and my clients!

No comments: