Saturday, September 5, 2009

Do not eat too much lettuce! Save room for your chocolate








Cafe DeVille
101 Avenue and124 Street Edmonton
Oh I went to one of my favourite restaurants in Edmonton last week, and for the first time this 'summer' sat outside! It was already September- maybe I work too much? Anyway, I had my favorite salad- and was grouchy!
So, when the waitress asked if we would like to see the dessert tray, I said "Yes, of course" Now I normally do not eat dessert, and I said to my companion," Just to look of course."
He laughed
He had every right to!
This is one of the restaurants in Edmonton where you must eat dessert first- or at least make sure you have room for it!
The pastry chef here is incredible! I am a chocolate fiend, and I do not like/prefer white chocolate ( I eat any colour of chocolate if desperate) but this lady makes a white pear truffle that should be served in Paris! OMG!
I digress- so I my fav of all favs is chocolate mouse, so she had to tell me one of the concoctions was a dark chocolate/cherry mouse! Was I in or what?
I left a very happy girl- guess the salad just did not bring my chocolate levels up to par!

No comments: